Great Wall At The Mutianyu Section
Tour Code: CL-G-01
Duration: 8 hours
Starts/Ends: on your request
Attractions:The Great Wall at Mutianyu section
Day by Day Itinerary
-Pick up at your hotel (between 8:00am to 9:00am)
-Mutianyu Great Wall (1,5 to 2 hours drive)
This is a one of the most famous and ideal sections of the Great Wall. You will have your choice of taking the cable car or chair lift up the breathtaking wall and spend a leisurely 1 to 2 hours hiking up and down the various sections exploring the Watch Towers and marveling at the construction and beauty of the renown and legendary Wall. You then have the option of an exhilarating toboggan ride back down or simply return the way you came.
- Included is lunch at a local restaurant where you can enjoy authentic and delicious Chinese dishes (vegetarian and meat)
Related information for the Mutianyu Wall:
Mutianyu is a section of the Great Wall of China?located in Huairou County 70km northeast of Beijing. It takes 1.5 hour to?2 hours ride from the city center to this section. The Mutianyu section of the Great Wall is connected with Jiankou in the west and Lianhuachi in the east. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs.
This section has been renovated since 1986 and a famous and ideal section of the Great Wall if you look for a half-day tour to the Great Wall with moderate hiking. Take the cable car or chair lift up the wall and allow yourself spending 1 to 2 hours hiking up and down from one section to another if you wish to see several watch towers and parts of walls. You can take the exhilarating toboggan ride back down the wall on a winding metal track.
Adjacent to the Mutianyu wall is its namesake village, which has been hailed by the Chinese government as a model village because of its rebirth largely thanks to tourism and glassware industries. You can take a look the rural life in this village.
- English-speaking tour guide service fee
- Air-conditioned vehicle with a private driver
- Gas, toll & parking lot fees
- Delicious Lunch in a local Chinese restaurant
- All entrance tickets to the sights listed above
- Round Trip cable car or chair lift up and toboggan down the wall
Excluded (Not Included)
- Gratuity to the guide and driver
- Personal Costs
Discounts for children in China are based on height! Pls let us know your children's height so we can caculate accordingly!
1.The quoted price is for a-8 hour tour per day. If you use more than 6 hours or less than 8 hours per day it will still be considered a full day.
2.Additional hours are billed at 50CNY to 100CNY for the guide and 50CNY to 100CNY for the driver.
3.Pls note that the itinerary is flexible and we can adjust it according to your personal interests, the weather or any unexpected conditions.
4.For the lunch, we will take you to the authentic Chinese local restaurant catering for the locals. If you prefer to take a lunch in a fancy restaurant or order the dishes above our budget then you can just cover the cost difference above our budget! The guide will assist you to order some dishes and you can share the lunch with the guide
5.We conduct only private tour but not group tour and won’t mix you with others.
6.Our tours are complete non-forced shopping tour and we won’t take you to any factories without request to waste your valuable time.
Find More Tours In Great Wall Hiking Private Tours
The Great Wall is one of seven wonders in the world! Catherine Lu Tours takes the opportunity to…
Hot Multi City Tours
- Do you have the English speaking driver for the airport pick up service ?
- How to meet the driver at the railway station in Beijing, Xi’an and Shanghai?
- Do we need a Chinese visa ?
Muilti City Tours
- Round Private Day Trip from Beijing to Xi’an by Return Flight
- Beijing-Xi’an Private 5-Days Tour by Round High Speed Train
- Beijing-Xi’an Private Tour by Overnight Z Train (5 Days)
- Beijing-Xi’an Private Tour by flight (3 Days)
- Beijing-Xi’an Private Tour by flight (4 Days)
- Beijing-Shanghai-Suzhou Private Tour by high speedy train (5 Days)